Friday, April 14, 2006

Weird age

I know that I should be jamming more electronics into my head now, what with T-minus 50 minutes and all, but I feel the need to stop an reflect on a few things.

It occured to me that I only have 350 days left where the quick "dosn't solve anything but removes the need for further thought or discussion" response to my problems can be to simply call "Teenage Angst." Then once I'm 21 people can just say "You need a drink." This'll lead to me having to explain over and over the complex nature of why I don't normally drink, but I'm prepared for that. The question is this. What do you do if you're 20 years old and you've still got angst. Young adult angst? Does that sound to anyone else like a euphamisim for hangover?

The second thing is much more relevent to my impending trial. At around 9 this morning I hit the wall so to speak.

Okay. I've memorized the three chapters of the book this test is over. I've also summarized them in tiny writing on my one page of allowed notes. I have two mechanical #2 pencils, an eraser pen, a calculator, extra batteries for the calculator, and 8 scantron froms in case 7 of them break down. And I've gone through every practice test that they offered.
Good.
Yes good, but It's 4 hours until the test and I'm still full of nervous energy.
Exercise?
Not that kind of energy. It's a mixture of fear and caffinated cold sweat.
Have you synced your caffination levels?
Yes. I'll hit something around a 5 in time for the test, which is the best possible level that can be attained without the use of hexpresso, or other hazerdous pseduo-intoxicants.
When is your drop off scheduled.
I should be in the illusionary plateau formed by the top of the porabola from around 1 until about 2. After that I'll begin dropping at an exponentially increasing rate until I get back down to default, which I should hit no sooner then 2:30. I should hit my impaired phase at around 2:45 and my useless stupor, or "Sleep drunk" phase at around 3:15, 3:30.
Excellent.
So what do I do for the next 4 hours?
Um....

So yeah. That's my issue. I ended up pseduo resting, carefully callibrating my caffination, and generally twinking myself. I then went back to studying, and I've been doing that on an off for a while now. I'm at 20 minutes until departure now, and I need to buy another bottle of vault to manage the careful balancing act of my harshly abused metabolism, so I'm going to go now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home