Sunday, May 28, 2006

Pangs

I've feeling more draw to WoW and PA lately. It's weird. I'm also getting perilously close to joining the PA guild on the Dark Iron server in WoW.

In accordance with the pangs I'm going to tell another one of my fake war stories. This one concerns what I knew rather affectionately as the "Yippy-Skippy Mage Death Bridge" While this term isn't widespread, I'm pretty sure that if you asked how people feel about the "Yippy-skippy mage death bridge" in alterac valley they'd figure out what you're talking about. The YSMDB is the last leg of the trek to the alliance stronghold, so to me it was where we would stage our last ditch defense. It was also a place where I was a murderous God. The reason the YSMDB has Mage Death Bridge in it, is because I, as a mage, could target the entire bridge with my blizzard spell. This is compounded by the fact that I was an ice spec'd mage, so my blizzard would slow everyone it hit, and freeze them 35% of the time it hit them. It also did more damage then normal.

I wasn't the only mage either. All of the alliance mages knew this. So if one of the horde wanted to get to us they would have to wade slowed and frozen through our field of icy death.

But it gets better

I also, as an ice mage, had a damage shield that would let me soak one good hit. I used this to teleport into the middle of the horde pack that was trying desperately to make it across the YSMDB and cast frost nova. This freezes everything in a large radius around me, So now they're all stuck for another 10 seconds while my mage brethren continue raining fire and ice on them. Then I would Ice block, which makes me invincible but unable to act. It would give me time to recharge my teleport, after which I had a 50/50 chance of survival. It didn't' matter, I was the team's crazy guy, the magician without inhibition, the Arcane Insane, the Rage Mage.
And I loved it.

*sigh* good times.

3 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

I used to play ultima way back in the day, It's actually one that I really liked for several reasons, but I couldn't get past the skill cap. That system of ability management always got to me.

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember this story....good times....and 3 days of kevin style partying later (which basically means there was no party involved) I'm back.....just wanted to share a quote.....

"Honesty is good policy but insanity is a better defense.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home