Friday, May 26, 2006

Project Exodus

Ugh. I have a plan, it's fairly well layed out, I think it will work, and I hate it. I don't hate any of the steps of the plan though, every step of it looks like something that'll either be fun or beneficial, but I can't jibe it with The Wall. The plan in official terminology is as follows.

Work over the summer to build up what I call my "Impact buffer"
Return to Seattle August 20th ish. The Day I actually arrive is hereafter known as the "Impact point"
Use Impact buffer to pay for initial rent/food/misc expenses
From Impact point until august 28th highly aggressive job hunt.
August 28-30 PAX
Assuming a job hasn't yet been acquired continue aggressive job hunt.
Once job is found allow a week or so to normalize into the schedule.
Once economic stability and housing have been reached proceed to the next stage.

The next stage is beyond the current active scope so don't bother asking what it entails because I don't fully know yet. The important thing is that when I look at this plan through my protective wall of bitterness I see a key flaw. My plan is essentially going here with a very limited life support and then hoping like hell that I manage to get stability. It's the textbook idea of the kid running off to some place with no real plan.

"Don't worry, I'll make it! I'm young and full of ambition."

Those people are just begging to be bitch slapped by reality. I don't want to be one of those people, but it seems like I might not have any other choice. I can't say for certain that this is what I'll do, but it's looking more and more like that's my end plan.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home