Saturday, February 10, 2007

Exodus Activity: Lucid Dreaming

I’ve been subjecting myself to a battery of bizarre mind exercises this past week. This is part of the “Exodus Activities” that I’ve been doing and while they haven’t helped my stress level they have been very eye opening.

Activity 1: Regain the ability to lucid dream.

Lucid dreaming, for those of you who don’t know, is going into a dream state but maintaining control of yourself. This gives you control over the dream, a bizarre form of omnipotence really, and is an amazing self exploratory exercise. The way I know to trigger it is by going into a theta state meditation, then consciously making the transition from theta state to asleep. If you don’t lose your focus you should end up in a lucid dream, and I’m glad to say that after only a few attempts I was able to do it.

The dream is something that words can only scratch the surface of. Omnipotence instantly rushed to my head, big flashy things start happening for no reason, mountains rise and fall the sky bends etc. Soon the rules of physics have gone away entirely, I begin to see the world as objects all of which are symbolic of something and each of which holds some deeper meaning. Actions leap instantly to reactions, the symbols shift and that shifting triggers further shifts. I am the center of propagating waves of being. Soon actions themselves become unnecessary, mere thoughts effect the storm of meaning that surrounds me. As soon as I can form a coherent idea I can see it spreading throughout the symbols of self, and on into the vast storm of meaning. I think, the storm shifts, but is ever an incomprehensible mass of meaning. My mere intent begins to effect things. Everything my mind does is propagated outwards, thoughts cease to fully form, the storm churns onwards, and at the instant in which I think that I will break from trying to see the whole it, it suddenly stops. In that instance I can see every action, and every reaction. I can see all things that every will be or ever have been and how they have come to be, I catch just the tiniest glimpse of perfect enlightenment. In that moment I see one thing clearly. It’s all a circle. It is the perfect cycle of existence, without start or end, and all things exist within it. And because it is a cycle, it no longer needs to rush forth, for in that instant I sit at the center of it, touching all of it, and existing beyond it. In that splinter of time I perceive true enlightenment.

Then I wake up, and my expanded consciousness is suddenly replaced by a headache and the distinct feeling that my mind has been blown. I look over at the clock, it’s 9 a.m, I go back to sleep.

More stories will be told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home