Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sooner then expected

People have asked what I was going to do for my birthday, when I reply that I have work that night they are inevitably more sad then I am. I'm not particularly phased by it. I only work two days a week, so I have no dearth of free time. I could go out all night for three nights in a row and still have two days to sleep it off before work.

I'm really not the person to go out much anyway, but that's beside the point.

One thing that occurs to me is that I'm kind of jumping ahead on my plans for my birthday next year. I read somewhere that if you get really specific the most likely scenario in which a young adult will die is an alcohol related car accident on their 21st birthday. More general studies will show that alcohol related car accidents are the leading cause of death in the youth segment.

Because of this I had planned to spend the night of my 21st birthday indoors doing nothing. The cards are just too stacked against me that night, and I'm not giving fate that chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home