Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pods

I'm fighting giant electric eels and listening to Bill Maher while writing this so forgive me if I wander a little bit. It may sound like something that would be too much of a distraction, but this is how I like to spend my leisure time and I have crazy ninja alt-tab skills.

A greater underwater breathing potion also plays a big role in this.

I've been a big fan of podcasts for some time now. I've mentioned before that I'm over sensitive to the emotional impact of music, so I like to have spoken word tracks for my casual listening. I'm also a very slight news junky, so I spend a lot of time listening to news shows. These are almost all comedy news shows, because the news today is so powerfully infuriating and depressing that I couldn't handle it without a backdrop of comedy

Bam! 1307 damage Judgement of Command! And I said Paladins couldn't be damage dealers.

Back on topic. Because of my affinity for the news and because of the douchery of the people in the news I find myself shouting at inanimate objects a lot. The projector is fun for this because I can throw things at the screen without breaking anything because the screen is just the wall. Friends, loved ones, and well wishers of mine can tell you that I express outrage by throwing things. I also tend to express affection by violence, so the short summary is that I'm a very disturbed little boy.

This rash of shouting at the invisible voices that cast their pods so frequently into my life is really just the next step in a running theme in my life. I've been talking to myself for longer then I can remember, and if you happen to stand outside the laundry room of the Factoria Homestead some Saturday night you can get a full account of whatever I'm thinking of at the moment, in addition to hearing my resounding call of "Internal Monologue Damnit, Internal!"

Jumping off giant cliffs while using divine shield is the most frivolous use of holy powers ever.

Where was I. I probably shouldn't have bothered typing that. Right. I think I know the basis of these acts. Both the constant monologue to a non-existent audience, and my aggrieved rants lead me to one idea. I think I need an audience. While I don't have enough artistic bent or talent to call myself an artist without also pointing out how much I'm besmirching the term, I do think it's something that I'd thoroughly enjoy. Kevin, Adam, and I have our Webcomic planned, something that I'll discuss more once I get a scanner, and while I think we'll be able to make a fairly good comic, I think we'll also have an amazing podcast. We're really well suited to that particular kind of performance. You could record us just sitting around talking and I think it would make a decent podcast, and a fairly good radio show.

Hmm, even I'm not sure where I'm going with this any more. My artistic inclinations have been pricking at my mind recently, and this rambling pile of words is the product, for now. Well this and a bunch of mediocre drawings I'm still trying to teach myself how to draw by using other peoples sketches and art books. It turns out there's some pretty high precedent for this including Van Goh. While I'm fairly certain I'll never reach his level it's nice to know that my quest is only insane and not hopeless.

*I'm not sure if that's how you actually spell Van Goh, and neither is spell check.
**Someone needs to tell blogger to add Douchery to their list of approved words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home