Saturday, May 26, 2007

Jingles

My former roommate Cooper jingled when he moved. I'm not sure if he was wearing a bell, or if the two tags on his collar clinked together, but you could always tell when he was about because of the jingling. It was very helpful to me because it put a clear loophole in my paranoia. During the countless a.m.s I spent in my lair I would hear noises; a clattering in the kitchen, a rustling of the blinds on our glass door etc. Normally I'd be contractually obligated to grab my athame and sneak out to investigate, but if I heard any of those noises followed by a jingling sound I could write it off as just being the cat. Now that the cat is gone I'm beginning to see how many other things jingle. I keep hearing the faint jingle of coins or bottle caps and expecting to see the cat wandering past me. It's odd, and sad, and makes me wonder if an animal can haunt a previously inhabited building before said animal is dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home