Thursday, March 26, 2009

Structure

I managed to make it to Thursday before I reached the full on "Bored out of my skull" phase, but it's clear that free time is not something that I do well with, or even really enjoy.  The structure or work of class gives me two key things.  Momentum, and distraction.

By momentum I mean that the necessity of doing the things enforced by the structure propels me towards doing the various things that I should be doing anyway.  No obligation means that things can be put off indefinitely.  The distraction is kind of self explanatory.  When I have this much free time my thoughts go from wandering to festering.  The details are not fit for reproduction, primarily because they're whiny and self involved, but it's destructive, and I'm tired of it.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home