Friday, January 27, 2006

Max Willson vs Math 124

One key thing to know is that I get my math assignments from a PDF on the math website. It has 5 lines of numbers that refer to a book and which translate into 6 hours of time and 10-15 pages of numbers. It also has a few problems separate from the bookwork attached.

Yeah, turns out that for the week 2 math homework I forgot about those.

So I turned in 6 hours of bookwork on 12 pages of loose leaf and 1 page of graph paper and got 4/10. It turns out that those other 2 problems, are each worth about as much as the entire bookwork.

*The following paragraph has been removed. It contained a level of rage so profane that the act of reading it written or on a flat screen computer monitor caused one's eyes to melt. One test subject who heard it dictated to him spontaneously began bleeding from the ears, and another who was given a brail transcript spontaneously burst into flames. You don't even want to know what happens to those who use a CRT monitor.*

Week 3. I do those sections FIRST. Then I tape them to my head while doing the rest so that I won't forget it. One epoch and 14 pages of loose leaf, and 3 pages of graph paper later I'm done*. Or am I. It turns out I had just done weak four's homework and worksheet. So when I walked in bright and heavily mentally unstable, check the asterisk, that next morning and found out I had 26 hours to do another block of this hell, I spontaneously fell ill. Seriously, I got a headache that was near completely debilitating.

I did it too. I did it and it's done, and I'm not going to do anything else productive today. I'll see you bastards Monday, I'm taking a break.

Oh, and if anyone says "well at least you already have week 4's homework done" I'll go to your home and bite your #%#1#!-%!!#*^ head off. One. Clean. Bite.

*90% of this assignment was "Find the slope of this curve at point blank using the definition of a derivative." I've already been through that trench. I was told that was over. Because I know the quick and effective ways of doing these things. I know that writing out the whole f(x+h) - f(x) / h thing is only useful when proving the rules that allow you to actually do derivation. The stress of this situation was maddening. In fact if you had walked by my room at the right time you would've heard me shouting "Quotient Rule you Fucker Quotient Rule!" when it occured to me that I could do this problem in 3 steps, but was forced to do it in 15. And don't question my ability to do derivatives. Mr. Spenner had us doing derivatives subconciously. I can look at an equation and know the derivative before my forebrain has even begun to think about what a derivative is. And now these bastards are putting that training to waste. WASTE DAMNIT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home