Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Quite Possibly Worst Day In the Last 3 Years.

Let me explain today to you.

I woke up went to Hebrew, business as usual. We're watching a movie in Hebrew today and tomorrow, nice layed back class. At the end of class we got back the quiz we took yesterday.

I studied for that quiz. I was extremely confident in my performance on that quiz, I expected to do quite well on that quiz. Turns out I got a 70. Do you know why? Because it was 8 o'clock in the God Damn morning, on God damned Monday, and in the column labeled (translated from Hebrew) Noun verb pairs, I wrote out all of the ones that were constructs. And in the one that was labeled constructs, I wrote out the verb pairs.

I lost 22 points for flipping the columns.

Sounds bad huh? It gets worse

I also had a math quiz today. This wasn't a pop quiz, this wasn't a quiz that I wasn't prepared for. I did 4 practice tests in the days before the quiz, and 2 the morning of the quiz. I reread the entire chapter. I was prepared for this quiz. I was standing there sword drawn in a berserker trance ready to duel to the bloody screaming death with this quiz.

Actually, bloody screaming death is a suprsingly appropriate term.

You see, nobody mentioned ever that the material on the quiz would be in no way related to the material on all of the fucking practice ones. That it would be the obscure stuff from an earlier chapter of the book, and that it would be engineered specifically to cater to the holes in my studying regime.

Today isn't even over yet. Who knows what hideous machinations yet lay in wait for me. I can't say what will happen between now and 4, but I fully expect to come back from my physics tutorial with cancer.

Tomorrow is a mental health day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home