Sunday, January 29, 2006

Free Time

In the post World of Warcraft world I've noticed a few things about myself. I've done a lot more reading of various comics, I've added another webcomic to my reptioure, and I've gotten a lot more sleep. It seems that the real problem may have been that I was just lazy, not that I was being hindered by an addiction.

The other key thing is that this influx of free time seems to be feeding my dementia. I've always existed as someone whose actions reflect the balance between impulse and restraint, but with the increase in time which isn't being wasted in any obvious way, it tends to get wasted by impulse. For those you who don't believe me I just spent 4 minutes and 31 seconds doing an entire body head bang motion to the song "What is Love" which I know from the "Knight at the Roxbury" line of sketches from SNL.

Part of me is concerned about this, and it's long term implications on my psyche, but most of me is still laughing at me. We think its hilarious, but we know that I is just making fun of me, and we'll get us.

Wait what? The grammatical rules for having a multi-party discussion in which all parties are anthropomorphic personifications of aspects of one's own psyche could only be understood by one who is insane enough to regularly need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home