Saturday, January 28, 2006

Neutral Evil

I'm playing a Paladin in my current D&D campaign. He's a righteous defender of the truth, and the more I play him the more I realize he's an idiot. And it's not entirelly my fault either. When I find out that a high priest of Pelor (a Neutral Good God) is an evil person I have to bring him to justice. It's what a good paladin would do. So when I get tackeled by the town guard for attacking the high priest I feel that I did the right thing, but that dosn't change the fact that I'm in jail and that everyone thinks I'm a demon. I escape by virture of a massive assault on the town, and long story short I'm about to charge in in a manor which is obviously suicidal, but right before I did it'll be glorious and heroic.

I realize what the problem in. I'm not a lawfull good person. I'm true neutral at best, but according to the www.wizards.com online alignment test I'm neutral evil. So once his own righteousness kills Sulfaras I'm going to make another evil character. The only game that I've played for any serious duration was one where I was a chaotic evil Lich sorcerer. I loved it because I had overwhelming power and complete lack of respect. It was like being my own id.

I went lawfull good orgionally to be a paladin, but the more I think about it the more I realize that paladin is an inherently self destructive ideal. They're people who can't run in fear, or retreat in the face of overwhelming odds. It's like trading your basic intelligence for supernatural powers.

I'm thinking of letting him die, so I can be an alignment that I don't have any moral objections to.

This post is purely for record keeping, if you weren't amused don't blame me, this blog stopped being for the audiance a few weeks ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home