Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Transferance

I recently had a discussion where I mentioned having given a "Jeusus is the way" slip to another one of the random people who wanted me to support their cause.

It's story time again.

If you walk down the ave you've got a 10% chance per block* of meeting someone who wants you to do something for their organization. This can be anything from embracing the Lord at teh lutheran center, Embracing the Lord at the bubble tea place, or giving to any of the seemingly infinite legeons of young people who don't understand dependency theory and want you to give $20 a month to starving children in some third world country. Now it's important to understand that I find all of them annoying and support none of their causes. It's not because I'm not willing to give, It's because I'm not willing to give to some jerk who may or may not be using my money for a good reason, I prefer to help people directly. Also to help people around me. This is why I give to the miscelaneous hobos that decorate the UW area. It think I've already given a rant about this though, look up "Tithe" on the blog history.

Anway, as people whose causes I generally don't support and who have forced themselves into my life I consider them ripe for the harassing. This is done most simply by transferrance. Hey, save the children guy, Do you know jesus? How would jesus feel about capital gains tax? He wants you're opinion on it. It's an amazingly amusing program, and quite easy to implement. Anytime anyone hands you a flier for something hold on to it. And the next person to hand you a flier, you trade them. You give them your first flier, and take theirs.

I'm thinking of making Maxonina Royal Army fliers and carying them around. This way I don't have to wait for someone to give me one in order to get a trade off.

The Maxonian Royal Army Needs You. Galactic Conquest is Near. Join the Infinite Legion, embrace being nothing more then a number. The Post Apocolyptic Future, Today! Mx-Co.



*China Express is 3 blocks
*Zandu Comics is 4
*China First is 5
*Safeway is 10
*The Dreaming is 12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home