Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Woo

Something I had lost sense of was made clear to me. I was told once by a baptist who was trying to convert me that all is made clear when I consult the scriptures. I didn't belive him, and if he was referring to the gospels I still don't belive him, but there is value in the sentiment of turning to the works of the great teachers. This time the buhdist scriptures.

"Enlightenment has not definite form or natuer by which it can manifest itself; so in Enlightenment itself, there is nothing to be enlightenend. Enlightenment exists solely because of deulsion and ignorance; if they dissapear, so will enlightenment. And the opposite is true also; there is no Enlightenment apart from delusion and ignorance; no delusion and ignorance apart from Enlightenment. Therefore, be on guard against thinking of Enlightenment as a "thing" to be grasped at, lest it too should become and obstruction. When the mind that was in darkness becomes enlightened, it passes away, and with its passing the thing which we call enlightenment passes also"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home