Thursday, April 27, 2006

Indulgence, Tactical Errors, School Supplies, and the Joys of Exporting Cost

At around 10:30 a.m. this morning I thought to myself "I've got time, I think I'll go get a better then average breakfast from Jack in the box, then walk to class from there." Normally this would be fine, but as I was walking out the bus rolled past. It's important to understand that the 70-73 all stop at this stop, and go all the way up the Ave. When they're available I take them, when they're not I don't make a deal out of it. So I casually stepped onto the bus. It takes 15 minutes to get that far up the Ave, so I pulled out my D&D/Physics/Math/Psych/HW/Drawing notebook and began engaging in the last of the notebooks many functions.

This is why I didn't notice I had gotten on the 49.

This is also why I missed psych today.

There was an interesting bit of trickery which eventually got me back to the Ave, about 1/2 way through class, and lead to me having to admit I had just enough time to get to class for it's dismissal. But I was on the Ave so I took advantage of it.

Near the end of first quarter I purchased a truly ridiculous amount of school supplies. At the time I was convinced I wouldn't need to buy any more for the rest of the year. I was way off. Luckily I remembered this as I was walking past the UW bookstore. So now what was once my array of a dozen identical black pilot razor point pens, and was until minutes ago my one pilot razor point pen, has reached happy medium at 5 identical pens.

I mention this particularly because if you look at conrad's writing utensils you'll see that his pens are diverse and with each one the writing will vary slightly. My clock/thermometer/calendar/pen holder has two types in it. My identical pens. And my identical silver mechanical pencils. I like to think of it as "Appreciation for my tools" but it's just as valid to call it "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder"

One thing I noticed after laying out my pens note cards and a booklight to replace my burned out bed light (I plan to duct tape the book light to the underside of the top bunk) is that school supplies are a bit expensive. This was only a noticed, instead of a noticed and was troubled by because my school supplies are covered by my UW bookstore card, which magically takes that expense and inflicts it horribly upon my unsuspecting parents. Once again I'm still in a larval stage where I'm parasitic.

I'm going to go study now, next week is another test week, but this time I'm both prepared, and not mired in homework. I intend to do much better then last time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home