Friday, June 29, 2007

Hans Reiser

This story is strangely fascinating to me, even though it will later be used to discredit my people. Geeks are inherently prone to expertise. Intellectual curiosity is what causes one to become a geek. Unfortunately we're also prone to feeding off of supremacy, and far too many of us indulge in escapism without tempering their own humility. It would make us dangerous if escapism didn't make us meek.

I believe this man is a murder. I believe this man is a geek. And I believe the two are in no way connected. The proficiency of the murder may have derived from his personality type, but the act of murder was derived from trauma and his own mental fragility.

Please remember that when his name becomes the rallying cry of those who are made ignorant by fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home