Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Grand Works

I have this discussion every time, and I don't think I'll ever actually stop having it.  It consists of me sitting in the blasted out ruins of a place I used to live, looking around and seeing all of the things that still have to be done and reflecting on just how much work moving actually is.  

I'm getting both edges of that sword today, because my room is the one finished room in the largely unfinished basement.  I have a lot of ideas for finishing that basement, and the more I look around our place the more potential I see, and the larger my worklist gets.  It also makes me think about aesthetics and decor, and those are dangerous thoughts because they can cost a fortune.  Playing the craigslist game can save one a lot, but still.

Right now my pet project, as soon as I'm done unpacking, will be making the unfinished room in the basement into our rec room.  It's not as hard as I thought, the only real skill I'll have to learn is how to install carpet, and once I've got that down and we've finally settled on an aesthetic design we'll be set.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home