Friday, April 17, 2009

Damage Control

Okay, lets take a look at this in retrospect.

Two major terrible things happened.  One happened completely out of the blue.  The other happened in strangely similar parameters to a nightmare I had recently.  

I lost about four hours of time.  I'll be mentally hit until Tuesday when I can actually move something forward.  I also lost the screen on my window, and I did some permanent damage to my closet door.  I've also lost my voice for the next day or so.  

What I've gained is another burn scar by which to remember the lesson that I'm a lot smarter if I don't think about things.  I've also gained the phrase "mental whip dancing" as a means of reminding myself of this basic self management tactic.  And, I guess, a few more points into understanding the workings of my true foe, self doubt.  

I don't know about the rest of you, but when all is said and done, I think this one went okay.  It certainly could have gone much much worse.  

I'm also lifting the ban on calls, but my voice is shot, so do so at your own risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home