Thursday, April 30, 2009

Relocating

I've always been a big believe in serendipity.  So when I see something out of the corner of my eye while driving, it can end up having a lot of meaning.  In this case it was a sign proclaiming a 3Br house for rent. for only a small amount more then my current apartments rent.

That's how all of this got started.  The person who is renting it out has been completely out of communication since my initial interaction with them, but the agreement between my roomates and I is that we need a bigger place.  I've wanted one for a long time, and having seen the promise of it I have the hunger, and it will not be sated until it tastes of sweet victory.  This first meant pursuing the serendipitous house heavily, but it's hard to do that when the renter won't pick up his damn phone.  So now I have a number of other targets on my list.

I'm not sure where yet, I'm personally still hoping we get Ashworth Abbey (as we will call it), but know this.  I'm getting out of this cramped apartment.  It's not a home, it's a place.  A place is where some bros, dudes, and perhaps their ladies may crash, party, or chill while doing their thing and going to college.  In a home you can live an actual life.  In a home you can grow and progress beyond the petty hollow stories of adolescence.  

We talked about this the first night after my discovery and one thing was made clear.  This chance, this opportunity has the ability to transform all of the things we'd like to do, and talk about doing, into things that could actually happen.  So many plans, and schemes, and ideas can be made manifest if we only have the space to pursue it.

And by God we will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home