Monday, February 27, 2006

This one may be a bit of a repeat

I'm not sure if I already mentioned this or if this is one of the things I've been meaning to write into the blog, but in either case I'm writing it now.

I can tell a lot about my day by one key phrase which I end every day with.

"I have class in blank hours I should go to sleep."

That blank says a lot about the next day. It's usually 8, but every now and then it's 6. It's been 4 on a few occasions and I remember that once it was 2, and thinking to myself "Fuck it, My alarm clock is going off in 30 minutes I'll just stay up," You may also notice that I'm posting this at 2:35 a.m.

Can they notice that?
It mentions the time of posting on the blog
No you're thinking of the old live journal blog
I think blogger does that too
We should check
Screw it, if it doesn’t mention that they'll figure it out when I mention it
there's wisdom in his surliness


The reason I'm posting this late is because I just woke up. This was going to be another 8, but it looks like it'll end up being another 4.

Max, it's 2:35 why did you wake up now?

I had a weird dream. That's not true, compared to some of my dreams this one wasn't weird at all. I had a dream that I woke up at the end of. The rules say that anytime you say you had a weird dream you're required to tell the story of that dream, so here we go.

I was in my high school physics lab. A computer screen was open to my physics homework page (college physics homework is all online) the question was "Given the power of the sun (energy/time) how many joules does the earth absorb in one day." I read that, and a zombie rose from the ground at the back of the classroom. I had a sword on me (the two constants in my dream are that if I'm still in a humanoid material form I'll always have a sword of some sort and some form of mystical ability, these are true even in dreams where the sword or mystical ability goes completely unused) which I drew. The zombie was slightly smaller then me, and lacked any form of weapon, so I had a clear range advantage. It wasn't hard to dispatch it. I found that this zombie obeyed the Resident Evil rules of survival meaning that anything can be destroyed by "Fire or destruction of the head." Having dispatched the zombie I began writing out the formula for energy in a sphere from at a radius equal to the distance of the earth from the sun, and the surface area of that sphere that would be blocked by the earth given the radius of the earth. Every 5 minutes or so another zombie, or occasionally a small group of zombies would appear. The use of the sword and the occasional bolt of fire from my hands allowed me to dispatch them, after which I would return to the problem. Once I had written it all out I entered the solution into the website, submitted, and found it to be correct and woke up.

Add another notch to the Max is Crazy post if you would be so kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home