Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Tuna Helper

I didn't end up taking a mental health day today, and I'm beginging to think that maybe I should've. Let me offer you the following into my "Max is going crazy" pile.

I was making Tuna Helper. I got 1 box from Mom, liked it, and went to safeway with the intent of buying a few more. If nothing else I had two cans of Tuna and one box of helper, so I had an extra can of tuna. We'll they were having a "Buy 4 get a crazy good price" deal on Tuna, and a "Buy 10 get a crazy good price" deal on Tuna Helper. I wasn't feeling particularly... well Sane that day, so I bought 10 boxes of Tuna helper. It's worth note that 10 boxes of helper takes up my entire food storage area.

Anyway, I was making one today and the following thought occured to me.
Whoever invented this stuff had balls
What am I talking about you ask?
Look if someone had come up to me and said:
"Max, you know how we boil sauce to reduce it to a good concistency? And how we boil noodles to make them all nice and delicious? I'm gonna do those in the same water."
I would've said:
"Forchini, you're crazy."
Forcini: Hey man don't be hatin
Max: Dude think about it, you'll never get the ratio right.
Forcini: You'll see max. I'll show you! *runs away in tears*

6 months later

Forcini: *Enters holding a box* Hey max!
Max: What?
Forcini: Check the box bitch.
Max: It'll never work
Forcini: Oh yeah? Get me some tuna. *Max cooks along with the instructions* Adds the water, and milk, and the butter. Now the packages. Now just straight fry it.
Max: Straight Fry?
Forcini: Straight Fry.
Max: This'll never work.
Forcini: Just turn the dial to 5 and stir damnit

The Soup gradually reduced into pre-sauced pasta.

Forcini: WHAT!? Whats that? Did I just blow your mind!?

It was around the time I got to that thought that I was done making the acutal Tuna helper. But as I was walking back I figured it was time to put another notch on the "Max is crazy" pole. On a related note that pole is going to be just notches soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home