Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Very important Juices

A while ago I was talking to Kevin. He said he was going down to 1101 to get a drink, and I felt like getting one too so I followed. He mentioned that he had a lot of excess money on his UW card and only 3 days left at UW. He then asked 'Do you need anything?"

Let me tell you about Maximizing your wealth springs. It's the key fact that any source of recourses that you're not using to the maximum possible extent is going wasted. It's one of the only useful things a life coach will tell you, and the only thing I took away from "7 habits of highly effective dumbasses who think that they can fix all the problems with their life by reading a damn book."

Kevin was then given a first hand demonstration of a maximized wealth spring, as I piled a vast array of supplies, commodities, and generalized snacks onto my arms. I didn't stop until piling any higher would have meant completely obscuring my vision. When I approached the counter with my armful of goods the cashier girl said "We have baskets you know." My reply was that this was much more fun, and anyway this was a spending spree, and reason has no place in a spree.

I told you that story to explain that when I'm going in to buy something quick, regardless of how much I'm buying, I skip the basket phase and go directly to the perilous teetering pile phase.

So when I went in to safeway today to buy broccoli, asparagus, a pineapple, spicy Italian sausage, pesto sauce, and an entire chicken I piled them into my arms. When I loosed my horde of dead animals and green things* unto the belt I discovered I had a spot of liquid on my shirt. Something had leaked.

Now both the broccoli and the asparagus had water on them from the fine misting device they use to preserve them. But the chicken was also in a bag which had juice in it. So I had a very important question to answer. Was this water from a vegetable? Or was this going to give me Salmonella. These were very important juices.

*The outside of the pineapple is at least 51% green, so it counts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how we as human beings are so hooked onto electronics. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4[/url] DS NetServ)

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home