Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bike

I have a strong tendency to talk to myself in moments of great severity. The blend of promise failure and exhaustion that followed my first ride gave me a lot of inspiration. The following are the tidbits that view as being amusing enough to share.

I got a bike because I thought I was out of shape, and like a good scientist, my experiment of buying and using a bike proved my earlier hypothesis.

Regarding the ride from the bike shop to my apartment the court finds, in an 8 to 1 decision, that the bike is the victor. The key piece of evidence in the bike's favor is the simple fact that the rider spent longer recovering from the ride then he did riding.

When you think about it it's a lot like sex. It was a lot trickier then I thought, It didn't last nearly as long as I planned, and afterwards I collapsed.

This experience also brings up our old fat camp line: "No one escapes from fat camp, because the only way out is up a gentle slope."* It turns out that it's still true if you use a bike.

In all seriousness though, I think this is a good step. A baby step, but still.

*The Simpsons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home