Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekly Report (Black Box in the Weckage edition)

So those of you playing along at home have certainly noted that I didn't do a weekly report last week. The details of that week have slipped my mind at this point, so I'm not going to do it late, but I think the story should be recorded, lest the problems happen again.

It's really a very simple story. I have three spheres of activity in my life. Academic, Physical, and Social. In the last two weeks Social started grabbing up resources like crazy, hitting the other two pretty hard.

In theory harmony is the key, but I don't think that's true. The key to this is going to be keeping the spheres in the right order of priority. I came to this conclusion when reflecting on Aristotelian Justice while driving up I-5 at 10 p.m. Think about where I am. Think about where I'm going. Think about what I have to do to get there. Think about what I want. Think about what I need to do to get those things. Think about if I'm ready for those things. It's a little bit of a bitter process, seeing the self justly, but I don't see it as a condemnation, simply an acknowledgement of where I am. So I respect where I am, and then I advance from there.

With that in mind the ordering here is pretty clear. Academic reigns supreme. Physical feeds well into it, so it's second, and social, for now, has to be third. Not ignored, but rarely given preference over Academia.

So, lets get this back on track, My goals for this week.

Academic: Have all readings done before lectures, in accordance with what we've learned about schema and memory.

Physicall: Wake up at 6 every morning this week, without sleeping in at all.

Social: Three in person social experiences.

Also, from now on all goals will be written such that they fit the three key rules of goal setting. Specific, Behavioral, and Timed. Each of the ones I've set this week can be broken down into smaller goals too. Academic and Social are just single point things for each day, and I have three social things in mind for this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I learned it this way, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Revisable, and Timely (SMART Goals)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good job all around btw

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home