Monday, January 21, 2008

Severed

I just read what I sincerely hope is the single worst paragraph I will ever read in any textbook ever. I won't be repeating it here, but I'm mentioning this incident to preserve this moment. In the space of that paragraph I went from being intrigued and interested in the academia I was studying to be appalled and depressed enough that I could not go on. I highlighted the paragraph (because it is important) and then put the book down, intent on taking a well deserved break. In one swift blow my motivation was severed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

What subject was this in?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Oh, come on. That's just short of saying, "I know something that is completely awesome but you'll never know what it is." You could at least mention the title of the textbook.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home