Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Delta Suck = +7

Sweet Release. Let me explain.

Does it seem to anyone else that that’s always the first phrase of my blog entries? Or the third or so? I credit it to being so introspective (self centered) that I can say something that’s a complete thought or story to me, and me alone, in less then a sentence. To tell anyone else, anyone who doesn’t know the Vulcan mind meld anyway, (Vulcan? They had death grip and neck pinch… I’m not sure if mind meld was theirs… Gah! Tangents!) I have to explain further.

Anyway. I’ve come to a sort of windfall in math. Prior to now I was redoing end of the year precalculus, beginning of the year regular calculus stuff. Limits, instantaneous rate of change with derivatives, and logarithms. I hate them. I hate them so much. To quote Kevin who'se quoting some anime guy who's name I don't remember "I hate them in the face." I’m not a big fan of the rest of the stuff either, but I feel relieved not from having anything actually lifted from me, but from having a much lighter burden. I’m finally allowed to look at the problem and answer it in the same way. I don’t mind having to write out all the steps when all the steps make sense. What am I saying? That’s not true. I’m comparatively less annoyed having to write out all the steps when all the steps make sense. Right now though I’m reveling in my comparative frustration. I may only have gone from negative ten to negative three but Delta pain is still positive seven. I just have to restrain myself from adding the word bitch or the phrase “choke on it” to the phrase “power rule” in my play by play of the Dark Lord Kalkoulose’s latest horrid creation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home